Chronic Disease Benefit
Chronic medication is medicine prescribed by a doctor that is life sustaining, i.e. medicine that needs to be taken on an ongoing basis, and without which a life would be endangered.
Our comprehensive Chronic Disease Benefit cares for chronic patients and their specific needs. It covers the following:
- 51 chronic conditions on Maxima Plus, Maxima Exec and Maxima Advanced
- 39 chronic conditions if you’re on Maxima Standard or Maxima StandardElect
- 25 Prescribed Minimum Benefit (PMB) conditions on Maxima Basis, Maxima BasisGRID Maxima Saver, Maxima SaverGRID, Maxima EntrySaver, Maxima Core, Maxima CoreGRID and Maxima EntryZone.
How to apply for the Chronic Medicine Benefit
If you’ve been diagnosed with a listed chronic condition, your doctor or pharmacist will need to apply for chronic medication in one of two ways:
- By telephone: You, your doctor or pharmacist can call our Chronic Medicine Management (CMM) department on 0860 002 153 between 08h30 and 19h00, Monday to Thursday and 09h00 and 19h00 on Friday,
- Online: Apply for chronic medication 24 hours a day via our website.
Want to know more? Read more about the Chronic Disease Benefit here