Chronic Disease Benefit
Chronic medication is medicine prescribed by a doctor that is life sustaining, i.e. medicine that needs to be taken on an ongoing basis, and without which a life would be endangered.
Our comprehensive Chronic Disease Benefit cares for chronic patients and their specific needs. It covers the following:
- 51 chronic conditions on Maxima Plus and Maxima Exec
- 39 chronic conditions if you’re on Maxima Standard or Maxima StandardNet
- 25 Prescribed Minimum Benefit (PMB) conditions on Maxima Basis, Maxima Saver, Maxima EntrySaver, Maxima Core and Maxima EntryZone.
How to apply for the Chronic Medicine Benefit
If you’ve been diagnosed with a listed chronic condition, your doctor or pharmacist will need to apply for chronic medication in one of two ways:
- By telephone: You, your doctor or pharmacist can call our Chronic Medicine Management (CMM) department on 0860 002 153 between 08h30 and 19h00, Monday to Thursday and 09h00 and 19h00 on Friday,
- Online: Apply for chronic medication 24 hours a day via our website.
Want to know more? Read more about the Chronic Disease Benefit here