Fedhealth is one of the only medical schemes that pay for post-hospitalisation treatment for up to 30 days after discharge from hospital.
Follow-up treatment for a full 30-day period after leaving the hospital is paid directly from Risk, so your day-to-day benefits are not depleted. This ensures that your treatment is completed properly, plus it protects your Savings.
What does the 30-day post-hospitalisation benefit cover?
- Post-hospital treatment up to 30 days from date of discharge for physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, ultrasounds, general radiology and pathology.
- Treatment is covered at 100% of the Fedhealth Rate and includes complications that may arise from hospitalisation.
Treatment is limited to the hospitalisation benefit within 30 days following hospitalisation ONLY. The day that you are discharged counts as the first day of the 30 days of cover. Treatment is also subject to the relevant managed healthcare programme and prior authorisation.
The following conditions must apply:
- You must pre-authorise treatment 48 hours prior to the treatment.
- Only treatment as a result of a hospital event will be covered.
- Only follow-up treatment related to the original diagnosis is covered.
- If the member does not pre-authorise treatment, the claim will then be paid from available day-to-day benefits (Savings and OHEB) or by the member directly.
- Applying for authorisation after treatment has been received will not be allowed.
- Treatment must be requested by the doctor who treated the patient in hospital.
To read what this benefit does not cover, as well as other details, please download this document.