In any medical emergency, it’s very important that you get the proper care within the shortest possible time, because this has a huge impact on your recovery. If you don’t get proper treatment, your injuries can worsen, and you could even be left with permanent damage and/or disability.
As a Fedhealth member, you’ll get the following emergency benefits as part of your medical aid:
- 24-hour medical advice and evacuation: This is provided by Europ Assistance, including the co-ordination and management of emergency transport.
- Medical advice in emergencies: Qualified nurses will give you telephonic advice in any emergency, meaning that you could save a life while the medical team is on its way.
- Emergency road or air response: Emergency vehicles will be dispatched immediately, manned by professional healthcare personnel and equipped with the latest equipment.
- Most appropriate facility and ambulance transfers: Initially you’ll be transferred to the nearest, most appropriate medical facility. When you’re well enough to return home or to a medical care facility closer to where you live, this will be arranged.
- Delivery of medication/blood: If medicines to treat you or your family are not available in an emergency, Care Assist will arrange for medicine or blood products to be delivered to where you are.
- Patient monitoring: Europ Assistance will monitor your condition constantly until you’ve been moved safely to a medical facility.
- Care for stranded minors or frail companions: Should minors or frail companions be stranded due to a medical emergency, Europ Assistance will arrange for a companion to accompany them to safety.
To read more on the Emergency Treatment benefit, download the full document.