Women. We really hold so much together; ourselves, our families, our households, our jobs, volunteer groups… Our lives are frantic, frustrating, loving, joyful and downright exhausting, don’t you think?
When was the last time you had a getaway with just your girlfriends? Could you really afford to take a weekend off? Let’s face it, whether you’re on the career merry-go-round or a stay-at-home mom; life gets in the way of fun, and too often, going on a trip with our girlfriends ends up as the last thing on our to-do list. Truth is, our busy lives have stripped us of the companionship, the support and the daily conversations we so desperately need. (yes, need!)
So, be real for a moment. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to go with all your girlfriends on an awesome weekend? Almost like a sleepover from your childhood with maybe a little alcohol involved! Think about it: staying up past 11pm (if you can still make it till then) and having free reign to chat about, well, the things that bore your family to tears. Talking wallpaper and paint colours, debating Feng Shui, hot flashes or where to find the perfect white shirt…
The beauty of these getaways is that you never know what to expect. Some could be serious discussing marriages or husbands, and others could spice things up and get to that amazing level of goofiness that you so crave.
And, just for the record – the biggest plus is simply the chance to reclaim you. So, ladies we have a few very legit reasons to start planning your all-girl trip right now:
- It is good for your soul. Studies have shown that the bond between women is critical to their physical and mental wellbeing. You are most likely on the same page and you’ll feel comfortable to vent or complain, laugh or cry. Your happiness levels will soar!
- A weekend away sans major responsibilities = complete relaxation and rejuvenation.
- You will teach your daughters the value of good friendships. You want your daughter to have a group of life-long friends who understand her, and when she has her own family, you want her to make time for these special friendships.
- The dynamics change when you’re not home. It will give your family a chance to do cool things with dad.
- They will miss you. Being away for a couple of days makes them appreciate you more, and that’s always a good thing!
- You’ll miss them. A weekend away will remind you how fortunate you are when you return to your amazing family and most important job.
Research shows the immense health benefits women reap by having a network of friends: lower levels of stress and depression, improved mood, lower rates of heart disease and diabetes, delayed memory loss and longer life expectancy.
It is truly a wonderful gift to have wonderful friends and it’s important to take the time to nurture our relationships, and enjoy each other’s company away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
So, this is a plea of sorts: ladies, make time for your friends. Laugh, catch up, and renew yourselves. Your partners will wait, your babies will survive, and they’ll appreciate the woman who returns!
Source: www.jamesmanninghouse.com, isntthatcharming.com, www.sciencedaily.com, offthemerry-go-round.com, www.oldmilltoronto.com, burlingtonvt.citymomsblog.com, www.jenneitzel.com, books.google.co.za, www.rolereboot.org, www.usatoday.com, worthwhilewhisk.com, cohesivefitness.com, www.huffingtonpost.com
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are experiencing symptoms or need health advice, please consult a healthcare professional.