It’s true! Spring 2016 is here, finally! Winter is over and there is something intoxicating about the air, something youthful; even Mother Nature is wearing her most beautiful dress! Oh, and yes, birds bring on the tunes!
Okay, so it may be the sunshine endorphins talking, but according to Leo Tolstoy: “spring is the time of plans and projects.” The change of seasons is a natural moment to take stock of your life choices and to decide what needs to transform to bring you to a happier, more fulfilling place.
Sure, it’s not always easy to take a step back and analyse last season (or seasons’!) shortfalls. We are constantly pushed to move beyond the bread-and-butter ideas and to indulge the “off-the-wall” concepts, right? We all have dreams and goals which we’ve put on hold, and that’s totally okay because life happens. But, have you noticed that it’s usually around this time of the year that our day-to-day routines get us caught in a rut?
So, #SwingIntoSpring and hit the “refresh” button on your life! Yes “refresh” not “restart.” And yeah, there is a huge difference! “Restart” is erasing what you have and starting over, while “refresh” is enhancing what you already have. So, truly open yourself up and don’t miss the opportunity to find what you’re looking for.
Here are a few ideas on how to push the “refresh” button in your life:
- Love and accept yourself unconditionally. Not when you are thinner, richer or less single. Now!
- Commit to living wholeheartedly – give your all to every moment. That thing you always wanted to do, do it now! You will miss one hundred percent of the shots that you don’t take!
- Allow each day to be a new day. Before you fall asleep at night, consciously let go of that day with this statement: “It was good and it is done.”
- Soak up and savour the simple pleasures – like your morning coffee, or the sun on your back.
- Accept the things that you cannot change and spend your energy on the things you can.
- Celebrate the light in others.
- Decide that authenticity is more important than conformity. Commit to living, working, eating, sleeping and loving, in ways that feel right to you.
- Spend time in good company. Surround yourself with dreamers, doers and uplifters.
- Make a dream board. This is a really awesome way to get your goals and dreams in a visual format for you to see every day.
- Liven up your career path. Are you where you want, or deserve to be in your career? Are you happy? Switch departments or pitch for new projects. Take classes to improve your career prospects, or if it’s time to make a bigger move; take a chance!
- Make amazing memories with your kids. Visit the zoo, or pack a healthy picnic in the sun we’ve all dearly been missing.
- Unleash your creativity. Get an adult colouring book, start a journal, write songs or poems, or daily entries about your life.
- Nurture relationships that bring joy into your life and let go of the ones that no longer do.
- Nourish your body with whole foods, water, exercise and sufficient sleep.
- Believe in yourself, tell yourself often: “I’ve got this.”
Our lives are illuminated and transformed by the small things we choose to do every day. Happy spring everyone!
Source: www.wishesgreetings.com, www.goodreads.com, www.bustle.com, nancydepcik.com, www.travelground.com, www.oprah.com, www.shiftcomm.com, shantigeneration.com, www.huffingtonpost.com, pittsburgh.citymomsblog.com, yogadigest.com
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are experiencing symptoms or need health advice, please consult a healthcare professional.