Step 1: Collect the information needed to apply
Members need the following information to apply:
- Membership number
- Dependant code
- ICD10 code
- Drug name, strength and quantity
- Prescribing doctor’s practice number
- Diagnostic test results, e.g. Total Cholesterol, LDL, HDL, glucose tests, thyroid (depending on the condition).
If your employees need help gathering this information, please ask them to contact us.
Step 2: Apply
Members have a choice of how to apply:
- Apply by telephone: Members can call Chronic Medicine Management (CMM) between 8.30am and 7pm, Monday to Thursday and 9am to 7pm on Fridays. Phone 0860 002 153.
- Apply on our website: www.fedhealth.co.za. Your employees will need to register on the website before they can apply. Once they have registered, they must click on “my authorisations” and then select “my chronic application”. Then they must select the person they want to apply for and then click on the “Chronic” authorisation button at the bottom of the page. Finally they must select “New Chronic Application”.
Your employees can also ask their doctor or pharmacist to apply on their behalf. The doctor or pharmacist can do an online application or contact our Provider Call Centre on 0860 100 220.
Step 3: We will give the member a response right away
Fedhealth will reply to your employee’s application right away. If we need more information, we will let your employee and his/her doctor or pharmacist know exactly what information to give us.
If we do not approve the application, we will give your employee the reasons why, and he/she will have the opportunity to ask us to review our decision.
Step 4: The member will receive a medicine access card
If we approve a member’s application, we will give the member a medicine access card. This medicine access card will record the medical condition that we have approved treatment for.