From only R844pm, Blue Door Plus, our entry-level, salary-banded option only available to previously uncovered lower-income employees, offers:
- Unlimited private hospitalisation at Network hospitals
- Unlimited FP consultations at Blue Door Plus contracted FPs
- Unlimited prescribed medication
- AND cover for basic dentistry and optometry!
- Chronic medicine cover for 25 Prescribed Minimum Benefit (PMB) chronic conditions from the Scheme’s designated service providers, Medi-Rite pharmacies and Pharmacy Direct.
- Cover for non-Fedhealth contracted healthcare professionals up to 100% of the Fedhealth rate
- An innovative screening benefit (part of the foundation benefit) that covers wellness and preventative screenings.
- Certain female oral and injectible contraceptives covered.
- Free flu vaccinations for the whole family!
- From January 2018 qualifying members benefit from a 12-week biokineticist led programme with access to a dietician and behavioural psychologist to help them lose the weight for good.
- From January 2018 all smokers can have their GoSmokeFree consultation paid from risk (once per beneficiary per year). Nicotine replacement therapy will be paid from savings on options with a savings benefit
Download the Blue Door Plus member guide here
Blue Door Monthly Contributions
|Income per month||Principal member||Adult dependant||Child dependant|
|< R5 564||R844||R714||R401|
|R5 565 – R9 095||R1 070||R901||R516|
|R9 096 – R11 235||R1 500||R1 269||R568|
|R11 236 – R12 840||R1 907||R1 524||R736|
|> R12 841||R2 585||R2 284||R973|
*Child dependant rate charged up to 27 years of age for financially dependent children