You want to be responsible about your health and can afford to pay a little more these days. From only R2,082pm, Maxima Core is one of the best hospital plans because it provides unlimited hospital cover at ALL hospitals across the country. You also get more freedom on important major medical expenses, like oncology treatment and various reduced co-payments.
Maxima Core is also available as a Grid option. Should you opt for the Grid variation, you will pay a reduced monthly contribution, enjoy all the same benefits, but only to be able to make use of private hospitals that are on the Fedhealth Grid. If you make use of a non-Grid hospital, you will be liable for a co-payment.
This is a GRID option that enables you to pay a lower monthly contribution by choosing to use our Fedhealth network hospitals only.
Your hospital plan cover includes:
- Unlimited private hospital cover at any hospital
- Post-hospitalisation treatment for up to 30 days after discharge
- 7 days of take-home medication
- Specialised radiology like MRI and CT scans (covered from Risk after the first R2100)
- Trauma treatment at a casualty ward whether you’re admitted to hospital or not (A R550 co-payment per visit for non-PMBs will apply if you are not admitted to hospital straight from casualty)
- Contracted fixed rates at Fedhealth Network Specialists: While under the care of a network specialist in hospital, we’ll cover your treatment in full
CoverNetwork Partner ProvidersScreening & Prevention
You also get these unique benefits and value adds:
- Chronic medicine cover for 25 Prescribed Minimum Benefit (PMB) chronic conditions from a pharmacy of your choice
- Cover for non-Fedhealth contracted healthcare professionals up to 100% of the Fedhealth rate
- An innovative screening benefit (part of the new foundation benefit) that covers specific women’s, children’s and cardiac health, as well as wellness and preventative screenings.
- Free flu vaccinations for the whole family!
- One free FP consultation per beneficiary per year
- Certain female oral contraceptives covered from risk
- NEW! From January 2018 qualifying members benefit from a 12-week biokineticist led programme with access to a dietician and behavioural psychologist to help them lose the weight for good.
- NEW! From January 2018 all smokers can have their GoSmokeFree consultation paid from risk (once per beneficiary per year). Nicotine replacement therapy will be paid from savings on options with a savings benefit
Want the best hospital plan for your budget? Get a quote for Maxima Core today.
Maxima Core Monthly Contributions
|Main Option||Grid Option|
|Principal member||R2 082||R1 838|
|Adult dependant||R1 806||R1 596|
*Child dependant rate charged up to 27 years of age for financially dependent children