It’s a time of great adjustment for all of us, but collectively we WILL overcome it!
Fedhealth is putting measures in place to be as prepared as we possibly can, while we wait for the outbreak to subside.
As such, we’d like to request that you reconsider undergoing any elective (non-emergency) surgery or procedures at this time, and delay it until the worst of the coronavirus is over.
Why are we asking this of our members?
• We don’t want to burden the healthcare system at this time, because we need as many hospital beds as possible to be available for patients requiring hospitalisation in the case of COVID-19;
• We’re all hearing about social distancing to slow down the spread of the virus. Avoiding hospitals is another way to protect yourself from possible exposure to the virus.
How will Fedhealth cover coronavirus tests and treatment?
• Only positive tests will be paid from Risk; if the test is negative, it will be paid from your day-to-day benefit.
• If you test positive and have a mild case that does not require hospitalisation, any treatment will be paid from your day-to-day benefits (similar to what happens in the case of the flu).
• If you test positive and have a complicated case that requires hospitalisation, these expenses will be covered from your in-hospital benefit according to the benefits on your option.
We will continue to keep you updated on COVID-19 developments as they unfold!