This, of course, is to avoid possible infection with COVID-19… even more so if you suffer from a chronic disease or might have a compromised immune system.
If you’re a member on chronic medication, it’s also crucial that you take your medication regularly and on time as prescribed. Therefore, Fedhealth recommends that you use the express services offered by Clicks, Dis-Chem and MediRite, since they will prepare your script in advance so that you only need to make a short visit to the pharmacy to collect it and leave quickly. Here’s what they offer you:
Clicks Pharmacy offers the Clicks Repeat Prescription Service:
• Clicks will SMS you when your medicine is ready for collection.
• Your medication is pre-packed and pre-claimed, saving you time.
• Sign up at the Clicks pharmacy where you’d like to collect or visit clicks.co.za/myMedicines for more information.
Dis-Chem offers the Pack My Meds service:
• Dis-Chem will send you an SMS to order your medication before you’ve run out.
• Click on the SMS link, order your medication, select the pharmacy where you’d like to collect, or when you want Dis-Chem to deliver and your order will be processed.
• Dis-Chem will also keep you up-to-date for script renewal.
• Your medication will be pre-packed and ready to collect at the medication counter.
• To opt in, visit dischem.co.za/pack-my-meds or contact the Customer Careline on 0860 347 243
MediRite’s PrepMyScript service enables you to pre-order your repeat medication on your phone.
• MediRite will send you an SMS when your medication is due for a refill.
• Follow the link in the SMS to access PrepMyScript.
• Select your medication and when you would like to collect it.
• Collect your pre-packed medication at your pharmacy.
• Go to http://www.medirite.co.za/index.php/prep-my-script/ to find out more.
We hope that you will use all these valuable resources at your disposal to make life during lockdown a little easier! Stay strong.