Although time is in short supply in our multitasking, digital lives, it’s all about being 100% present in the time that you do spend with your kids.
Social plans are just the thing to haul yourself out from under the covers! NOW is the time to think outside the box and make this winter the best one ever.
There’s no clever advice on how to avoid the charms of comfort food, but we’d like to pass on a few helpful tips to help you manage your weight during winter.
The 21st century dad is no longer satisfied with a supporting role in his kids’ lives, he’s stepping up and is proud to share the load with his baby mama.
Eagerly awaited by children but often dreaded by parents… yup, the winter school holidays are upon us! We share some ideas for fun things to do at home.
What to do when your mood is falling as fast as the thermometer? We have a few scientifically proven tricks to pull you through winter.
There are certainly ways to boost your child’s immune system which will result in a healthier child and fewer days off work for you.
Going vegan or vegetarian may not be a new concept, but it is certainly gaining momentum. So, what is all the fuss about? Well, a quiet revolution has been
Ayurveda literally means “knowledge of life” and is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on the balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
Tired of the same old “New Year, new you” resolutions? What if you could change the cliché of wanting to lose 20 kilograms and having a six-pack to simply being happy?
New Year’s resolutions are often rooted in the constant comparison to everyone else’s “picture perfect” moments. Here’s a thought: Instead of thinking about things you need to change to “fix” yourself, why not focus on being the best version of you? (not the “fixed” version, simply the best version).
Think about it, if you bought a race horse to win a lot of races (and, of course, to make some money!), how would you treat that horse? You’d feed it well and you definitely wouldn’t run it into the ground. You’ll make sure that it gets enough exercise and sleep … you’d make sure it’s happy. That’s it! If you’re thinking of making a fresh start in 2020, that is exactly where you should start.
So, if you’re psyched to make 2020 your best year ever, we have a few ideas on how to promote happiness and wellbeing this year:
- Become a morning person. Get up 30 minutes earlier and enjoy a quick walk or simply sit on the porch with your morning brew and watch the sun rise. Embrace the good in your life.
- Prioritise self-care and make feeling good a priority. Cultivate joy by doing more of what makes you happy. Remember, you need to take care of yourself to be able to take care of others. Be curious about life and feed your mind; take an art class, brush up on your culinary skills, or learn a foreign language.
- Be of service in some way. Make kindness a goal. There’s no better feeling than helping others. So reach out to a friend, help a neighbour with babysitting, or post a heartfelt message on social media.
- Step away from your screen. Move your social media apps off your phone’s home screen. Don’t fall into the “compare-and-despair” trap this year. Stay off your phone for at least 10 minutes after waking up in the morning. Goodbye in bed Insta scrolling, hello mental wellbeing.
- Redefine exercise. Not big on going to the gym? Simply try to move a little more often. Every little bit makes a difference. Vacuum with gusto, take the stairs – all these little bursts of movement will add up like money in a piggy bank.
- Spend more time with people that make you feel good about yourself. Say “yes” to deeper connections. Recognise the gift of family and friends, love them unconditionally and without judgement.
By focusing on one doable lifestyle tweak every month you will not only have made 12 beneficial adjustments by 31 December, but will have also given yourself the opportunity to turn each of those adjustments into a lasting habit.
No matter how silly New Year’s resolutions may seem, January really is the time for a do-over. 365 days with 365 new chances … pretty awesome, right?
Happy 2020 everyone!
Source: issuesiface.com, bestlifeonline.com, papernstitchblog.com, womanshealthmag.com, inc.com, newyear2020s.com, npr.org, plushbeds.com, popsugar.com, refinery29.com, fabfitfun.com, gabbybernstein.com
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are experiencing symptoms or need health advice, please consult a healthcare professional.