Can you believe that 2016 has almost come to an end?!
You’ve been through a lot this year … all the sacrifices, all the blood sweat and tears … Was it worth it, have you achieved everything you set out to do? Do you feel accomplished? What do you want to keep doing, stop doing, or start doing in 2017?
The reality is that we can’t change the past; we can only learn from it and make adjustments accordingly.
During this time of the year a lot of us are indulging in retrospection and re-evaluating some of our life choices. Fact is, when we think of our lives, the years stretched out before us … it seems as if there will always be enough time. Here’s the thing though, considering everything we want to do in areas such as career, family, friends, health and fitness and travel … well, those years suddenly shrivel down to the here and now. And, yes, that’s exactly why living intentionally is so important.
So, this 2017, bring it on! You’ll refuse to be average. When life gets hard, you’ll work harder; when you get knocked down, you will get up and be better because of it. You are going to make sure that you finish the 2017 race with no regrets, right?!
Have you decided what you would like to have, do, see, become or share in the New Year?
Here are a few strategies on how to achieve your goals in 2017:
- Reinvent yourself. If you’re not happy, make some changes.
- Be more confident. Change your hair, or the way you dress, to make you feel more powerful and confident.
- Take an inventory of your failures and learn from them.
- Relish in your victories. Appreciate what you’ve accomplished. Take a moment, be proud.
- Set your goals and tell someone about it; it’s all about being accountable.
- Pick goals that really matter to you. Not what you should have, or what you should be achieving.
- Make your goals more realistic and achievable.
- Identify your excuses and come up with mantras to overcome them.
- Read more. Books and blogs are an excellent way to gain knowledge on a wide variety of topics.
- Save money. Get out of debt and put some money away for a rainy day and for traveling. Explore the world and broaden your horizons!
- Become more social. Have fun, meet new people and find out interesting things.
- Keep good company. The people with whom you spend time with are really a reflection of who you are and what you want to become.
- Invite calmness into your life. Learn to say “no”. Make time to relax and do something you love every day.
- Detox your diet, your life, and your workspace. Drink water instead of diet sodas. Eat clean. Exercise. Also, clean out your closet, your kitchen cabinets, and bathroom drawers. Out with things that are never used; it is not about perfection, it’s about reducing clutter to release energy.
Earl Nightingale said: “We become what we think about.” The only person responsible for your success is you.
Best of luck to you in achieving your goals for 2017!
Source: myemail.constantcontact.com, www.forbes.com, www.accountingweb.com, daleswifty.com, www.godllywood.com, www.principlemotivation.com, kylespitzley.com, www.entrepreneur.com, www.linkedin.com, christinagreve.com
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are experiencing symptoms or need health advice, please consult a healthcare professional.