Although time is in short supply in our multitasking, digital lives, it’s all about being 100% present in the time that you do spend with your kids.
How can you tell if you’re taking your discipline techniques too far or not far enough? We've got some suggestions to help you ensure you parent positively
Social plans are just the thing to haul yourself out from under the covers! NOW is the time to think outside the box and make this winter the best one ever.
There’s no clever advice on how to avoid the charms of comfort food, but we’d like to pass on a few helpful tips to help you manage your weight during winter.
The 21st century dad is no longer satisfied with a supporting role in his kids’ lives, he’s stepping up and is proud to share the load with his baby mama.
Eagerly awaited by children but often dreaded by parents… yup, the winter school holidays are upon us! We share some ideas for fun things to do at home.
What to do when your mood is falling as fast as the thermometer? We have a few scientifically proven tricks to pull you through winter.
As humans we crave, and desperately need physical touch. Studies show that touch has a profound effect on our health.
Going vegan or vegetarian may not be a new concept, but it is certainly gaining momentum. So, what is all the fuss about? Well, a quiet revolution has been
Childhood is typically viewed as a carefree, happy time. However, recent studies show that depression can affect even very young children.
Ayurveda literally means “knowledge of life” and is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on the balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
Going off the grid isn’t an option for most of us, but we can be more intentional with technology by using it for our benefit rather than being trapped by it.
Just about ready to tie the knot? Congratulations!
We know, we know, there are a hundred and one arrangements to be taken care of, and it seems as if every interaction with your sweetie revolves around wedding details, right? It’s so easy to get caught up in wedding planning. So fun and so important …. However, now is also the time to get ready for a lasting and happy marriage.
Love is bliss, especially when you know you’ve found the right person to spend the rest of your life with. But marriage is also one of the biggest commitments you’ll make in a lifetime and it’s important to make sure that both of you are on the same page about what kind of couple you want to be.
Don’t be fooled into thinking that love is enough to make the wheels of married life run effortlessly. Truth is, marriage will exacerbate your prior problems, not fix them. The important conversations before you get married will become the blueprint for your marriage and family to follow.
Here are a few crucial topics to discuss before you get hitched:
- Talk about finances. Are you a spender or a saver? Talk about how you will manage your money in the future before you start combining assets. Discuss bank accounts and bill-sharing. Do you have outstanding debt and what is the plan for paying it off?
- Discuss family planning. Don’t assume that you’re on the same page about this. Talk about if and when you want to have kids. Include career goals in this discussion.
- What would a breach of trust mean to you? For some, unacceptable behaviour can mean flirting, sending texts or having an emotional affair. For others, the only deal-breaker may be sleeping with someone else. Be clear on what you expect.
- Compare values and morals. Think about spiritual beliefs for instance; sometimes people have strong opinions on this and expect their partner to comply. You may not always agree, but it’s important to figure out how to mesh values and morals.
- Consider the legal side. While antenuptial agreements are the most common type of marriage contract, there are a number of marriage agreements that should be considered to ensure a happy marriage without financial risk to one another. Do your homework, it’s always best to speak to a lawyer before making up your mind.
- Are you willing to accept and love your partner’s family and friends? Are there similarities between the two families? When it comes to traditions, do you have any, and are both of you up for it?
- Sex and intimacy? Are you on the same page? It takes more than sex to build a strong marriage, but it is nearly impossible to build a strong marriage without it. Articulate your needs and expectations.
Although this is by no means a complete to-do list, it’s a good starter kit on how to save your marriage before it even starts.
Choose to love each other, even in those moments when you struggle to like each other. Love is a commitment, not a feeling.
Good luck on this amazing journey!
Source: thoughtcatalog.com, www.fin24.com, www.theknot.com, www.drphil.com, www.marriage.com, www.brides.com, www.today.com, www.realsimple.com, www.thespruce.com, hellogiggles.com, www.bustle.com, www.huffingtonpost.com, www.breytlaw.co.zaBack
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are experiencing symptoms or need health advice, please consult a healthcare professional.