When you’re a breadwinner responsible for others, your health is your everything. myFED offers affordable (salary-banded) cover for lower income, previously uncovered employees so they can continue looking after their loved ones.
If you’re an employee who’s never had medical aid before, myFED is an affordable salary-banded medical plan that gives you in-hospital cover, chronic and screening benefits, and the myFED baby programme that offers great maternity support.
These are the procedures and treatments that take place in hospital for which you’re covered under this affordable medical aid option:
• For your peace of mind, there’s no overall annual limit for network hospitalisation, so you’re covered for any kind of hospital stay.
• You’ll get unlimited maternity cover at PMB level of care, with a R12 500 co-payment on elective C-sections.
• Network GPs and specialists are covered unlimited at cost.
• Non-network GPs, specialists and other healthcare professionals are covered up to 100% of the Fedhealth Rate (limited to R2 400 per beneficiary per year).
• On this option, we cover oncology up to PMB level of care at a Designated Service Provider (DSP), subject to Level 1 treatment protocols. You’ll have a 40% co-payment if you don’t use a DSP.
On this option, you’re covered for the 27 PMB chronic conditions. This is subject to a basic formulary using our Designated Service Providers: Clicks, Dis-Chem, MediRite, Clicks Direct Medicines, Dis-Chem Direct and Pharmacy Direct.
Our screening benefit includes the tests and healthcare assessments to make sure your and your family’s health stays on the right track:
Fedhealth offers many extras to take your health to that next level, such as getting professional medical advice and a transport service when you need post-hospitalisation check-ups. Other additional benefits include:
You enjoy benefits like unlimited visits at contracted nominated GPs under this benefit.